Sunday, August 30, 2020

WIPocalypse Update for August

Long Dog Samplers : Pandemic
Long Dog Samplers - Pandemic

 

This is my August WIPocalypse update.  I had a busy month, but did a fair amount of stitching.

Ooh, I went and did it.  I started a Pandemic!  A "Pandemic Sampler" that is.  I was lucky enough to receive a copy when it was offered by Long Dog Samplers.  I originally thought I would stitch it with all black floss on a piece of tie-dyed fabric, as I did with the 2019 Linen and Threads Peacock Sampler.  However being low on funds ... I opted to stitch with threads I had on hand.  I am using Prism floss from the "Tie Dye" pack, and some solid bright colors to coordinate.  So far, I am loving it!  I will likely substitute a few motifs here and there to make it more personalized.  

Berry Patch Rooster
Berry Patch Rooster


I made good progress on the border of my "Berry Patch Rooster".  I need to finish the border, add the berries, and do all of the back stitching, but it is really moving along.

Women of the Mayflower

I am stitching myself a ship, as I work on my 'Women of the Mayflower" sampler.  I am hoping to finish this sampler before the end of the year.


Question of the Month: Have you participated in any of the mystery SALs on Facebook (or other social media)? What do you think makes a successful mystery SAL?

The only mystery SAL that I participated in was the Linen & Threads 2019 Mystery Sampler, which I really enjoyed.  I was able to keep up with the monthly chart releases and was very happy with the completed sampler.


I guess that is all I have for this update.  See you next time.

Happy Stitching!

 

4 comments:

  1. Bonjour Cheryl, nice progress. The border for the rooster looks great and I love how colorful will be the sampler. Amitiés. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love your Pandemic start, it looks amazing.
    As does the Linen & Threads Sampler. I liked your version as you stitched it. The fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will enjoy watching your progress on Pandemic Sampler

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your start on Pandemic, I am completely hyped about the design :D My own floss has just shipped, so I plan to join pandemic people soon =) I love the work on rooster, the border looks amazing =) I also love the fabric on you mystery SAL, the result is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails