Thursday, October 31, 2019

Trick or Treat Blog Hop

Welcome to my stop on Jo's Trick or Treat Blog Hop!

I hope you are having a Happy Hallowe'en.  This blog hop is being hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching.  Please visit the start of the Hallowe'en Blog Hop if you would like to collect the letters for the mystery phrase.

I have stitched a few Halloween ornaments this year ... my most recent finish is this little cutie:
This is a freebie design by Durene Jones is called "the witches cat".  You can find the chart on her facebook page (in the photos section).  

I stitched the chart on 14 ct plastic canvas using floss I had on hand (changing up the colors a wee bit).  I trimmed the plastic canvas in a scalloped shape following the border, backed it with felt, and added a ribbon loop for hanging.  Sweet!

Here are some more Halloween kitties that I have stitched over the years:
Mr. Whiskers by Charlette Dockens
"Majestic Cat" designed by Sandra Sullivan
Yeow! by Pamela Byrd Smith : The Prairie Schooler
DMC freebie - (relocated chart - unable to locate info)

"Stitch-an-Inch Halloween" by Donna Bayliss

And here is what you are searching for ... the next letter in the blog hop. If you are graphically challenged, the letter is "G".

Please complete your journey by returning to visit Jo at  

Happy Halloween!


Thursday, October 17, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness for October

It's time for the October Gifted Gorgeousness update.  This stitch-along, hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching, features projects that in some way have been gifted -or- are being stitched to be given as gifts.

I stitched a couple of Halloween ornaments this month.  "Black Cat Alphabet" by Judy Whitman is shown above.  Well... it is a black cat stitched in variegated orange.  The chart was featured in the Just Cross Stitch Halloween issue of 2012 (magazine gifted to me).

I also stitched this cute bat by Durene Jones.  This is one of Durene's many freebie (gifted) charts that she has posted on her facebook page here:

I attempted to stitch on "Berry Patch Rooster" a bit every day ... but I missed a few days here and there.  I did make progress, however:


Here is where I left off last month:

I also stitched most of this month's section of  "Linen and Threads 2019 Mystery Sampler" (free "gifted" stitch along).  I only need to add the other squirrel.  

I spent a lot of time restitching the lower border.  When I first stitched it, I got carried away and stitched too far down.  I fixed it once & wouldn't you know that I stitched it 2 threads too far down on the second go 'round.  The third time was the charm, and now I have a proper border.  For the November and December updates, there will be 2 additional borders added around the project - so I wanted to be prepared.

Whew!  That's all I have for this update.
Happy Stitching!

Saturday, October 05, 2019

September WIPocalypse Update

"To Everything A Season" Sampler
I'm a bit late for my September WIPocalypse update, but here it is!  These are projects that are in progress, that I hope to finish before the world ends.  

I made some progress on "To Everything a Season" a sampler by Sandy Orton.  This is a fun stitch on 28 count evenweave.  I am working on the top right corner.  Here is where I left off last time:

 I also stitched on my "Spanish Sampler" by Sandy Orton.  

I was working the Horizontal Satin Stitch below the corner.  Unfortunately, a frog was sitting on my shoulder ... I miscounted which threw off 90% of the stitching I had accomplished.  I frogged it out & will restitch at a later time.  

Moving on to "Berry Patch Rooster".  I  managed quite a bit on this one.  (No frogs in sight!)

Here is where I left off last time:

I have chosen this project for my October "One Stitch Per Day" challenge and have been stitching (at least a few stitches) on it every day this month.  I am making great progress so far!

Question of the Month: What finishing style have you never tried but would love to do?  
Hmmm ... I think I would like to try the little houses I have seen, or perhaps one of those "Quaker balls".  Something a bit different than my typical finishing style.

That's all I have this time.
Happy Stitching!

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness Update for September

Bothy Threads Cut Thru' Haunted House
I'm a bit late for the September Gifted Gorgeousness update ... but better late, than never.  This stitch-along, hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching, features projects that in some way have been gifted -or- are being stitched to be given as gifts.

I didn't have much stitching time this month, but I did make progress on my favorite project, "Bothy Threads Cut Thru' Haunted House" (shown above).  I just love this one so much!

I also stitched the September section of the "Linen and Threads 2019 Mystery Sampler".  October's section should be released next weekend.   I am quite proud of myself for having kept up with the schedule of this project.

I started another section of the  "Rose Lap Quilt" (8 duplicate sections).  It's fun to change things up and do embroidery stitches once in awhile.  This is a printed embroidery piece that was given to me by a friend.

I stitched a bit on my "To Everything a Season" sampler, but there's not enough noticeable progress to photograph ... so I will update that one next time.

Happy Stitching!

Related Posts with Thumbnails