Thursday, February 29, 2024

February WIPocalypse Update

Napping Kitten
It's time for another WIPocalypse update.  These are projects that I am trying to finish before the world ends. LOL.

This month I worked on several projects.  I made some progress on "Napping Kitten".  The image below shows where I left off the last time I worked on it.


I also stitched quite a bit on my "Castle Sampler" by Teresa Wentzler.  I am stitching this project on 28 ct evenweave.  Several sections of the border are stitched over 1 thread, and the central areas are stitched over 2 threads.  I purchased this kit on ebay many years ago for a steal.  The original owner had sorted and organized the threads, made blown up copies of the chart, and started stitching ... however misunderstood the instructions and was stitching the center portion over 1 thread.  It took me a bit to frog out the stitched portion, but it was worth the effort.  It will be beautiful when completed.


I continued my progress on "Afternoon Nap".  


I also stitched on my "Spring Sampler".  The cologne girl's face looks a little funny, but will come into focus once I put in the final stitches and add the back stitching.  


That sums up my stitching this month.  I have been having terrible trouble with my eyesight for the past year, so I am happy that I am making steady progress once again.  I feel incentive to complete as many of my projects as I can, while I am able.

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Stitching!



2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back. Your projects are lovely. I think I have the same Teresa Wentler kit in my stash that I bought at a flea market and it is started already too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Love your kitties, they look so contented! The Castle is a beautiful design too. I am glad that you rescued it.
    Serendipitous Jo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails