Thursday, August 19, 2004

city chickens



to add to the biodiversity of Piedmont Park (Atlanta, Georgia), there are now 2 roosters in residence.

I first heard them last weekend on an early morning walk (thought I was losing it) & tracked them down. this morning I set off early with camera in hand. they are quite beautiful in color and markings. I'm not sure how they ended up in the city, perhaps they were pets that someone dumped off in the park (they seem to be people-friendly). they seem quite content and must be finding enough food.

I have seen quite a range of feathered friends in the park over the years ...(ducks, geese, hawks, herons, woodpeckers, bluejays, robins, mockingbirds, etc..), but I can honestly say that I never expected to see roosters. what a nice surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails