Monday, May 09, 2005

free comic book day

ok. I know I am a bad blogger. I will try to do better. That said, I need to blog about my weekend.

Saturday was the worst of times and the best of times. I had to go to the dreaded DMV to renew my drivers license (uugh!) oh yes. I got there early, at least 30 minutes before they opened. Still, I ended up waiting for 3 hours from start to finish. Thank God I don't have to do that again for 8 years!! The whole time I'm waiting, I'm thinking "I'm missing FREE COMIC BOOK DAY." Luckily I was able to make the rounds and nab 26 free comics for my collection. Not a record, but still very good! Ended up walking 10.35 miles on Saturday & was "totally totalled" by the end of the day. Burned a lot of calories, though & it sure was worth the pain.

Sunday ran errands and ended up walking 5.5 (somewhat painful) miles. My sister was by for a visit... haven't seen her in 10 years, so it was a much overdue get together. Nice to catch up and gave me a reason to break from my diet for a little while (I've lost 18 lbs since January).

That's about it.. now I plan to spend the next couple of weeks enjoying my birthday (If Disney can celebrate an anniversary for 18 months... I think I can take a couple weeks for my birthday).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails