Monday, April 20, 2009

a fun and easy bird pattern

I used a 2-piece bird pattern (free to download at Spool) to make this tiny bird.

I printed the pattern at one-third the normal size and hand stitched the bird in felt.   It is about 2-1/2" long and sits about 1 inch tall.   I used a printed tie-dye felt for the top and a solid blue for the belly.

The eggs are made from paperclay (very easy), painted with acrylic paints and coated with shiny varnish.

I made the little nest from brown paper.   I cut the paper into strips about 1/8" wide and 6-7" long.   I then crumpled them and twisted them as much as I could, and shaped them into the nest shape.   I cut a small circle (1-1/4" diameter) from brown paper for the bottom.   I glued the shaped nest to the circle and glued bits of the paper down as needed to to stabilize the nest shape.

Super simple!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute. I love the idea of making the nest out of brown paper. I must give it a go.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails