Tuesday, December 29, 2009

a handy way to clean silver

I have always hated silver because of the tarnishing.   I was so upset to find that my favorite necklace had tarnished!   However, thanks to the wonderful info on the internet ... I was able to get the tarnish off in just a few minutes with no polishing!

Here are my before and after photos - taken with my scanner:


It is very simple to do.   You only need water, baking soda, salt, and aluminum foil.

I found the info here:
http://www.home-jewelry-business-success-tips.com/clean-tarnished-silver-jewelry.html

The one thing that they don't mention on the website ... when the sulfur atoms come out ~ Pee-Yew!   Stinky like rotten eggs (only not as strong).   It is totally worth it, though.   I swished my necklace around for a minute or two, rinsed it off & dried it - and it is good as new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails