Wednesday, July 07, 2010

a button fairy

I made a button fairy for a swap in one of my art groups. This was
the first button fairy I ever made & think she turned out rather well!

Here are the details:
Her face and wings were created from public domain vintage art, which I resized and edited before printing. I hand colored both with Indian Ink art pens and added glitter glue to the wings, which I then coated with Diamond Glaze to give them a hard clear coat for stability.

I strung an assortment of buttons (the birdhouse is a button, too!) on a green chenille stem for the body, and bent it into a gentle curve leaving a loop at the top for hanging. I then stiched blue glass beads to the fronts of the buttons to cover the chenille and add some sparkle.

I added fibers to the back of the body and attached the head & wings. I added a tiny ribbon rose to complete the little garden fairy.

I enjoyed the project - I always love trying new things!

1 comment:

  1. oh this is so cute! i'm not crafty, so lucky you :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails