Sunday, August 29, 2010

a touch of Halloween

Here is a Halloween "ribbon fairy" that I made for a swap in one of my art groups.

I made four of these (one to keep and three to trade). I used public domain images and edited them in a graphics program. I printed the images in black & white on heavy cardstock and hand colored them with Indian ink pens and black shimmer paint. I coated the images with several layers of clear polyurethane, and added embellishments.

I then attached several lengths of ribbons and glued everything together, adding a small ribbon loop on the back for hanging.

The project was pretty easy & I think the Halloween ribbon fairies are quite bewitching.

1 comment:

  1. She is gorgeous. Love those halloween colours. I still have to glue the ribbons into place on mine but hope to have that done soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails