Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Winter Button Fairies
I used public domain images and edited them in a graphics program. I printed the images in black & white on heavy cardstock and embellished them with blue glitter glue. I coated the images with several layers of clear polyurethane, and added iridescent snowflakes.
I threaded white buttons and beads onto white chenille stems, bending hanging loops at the top. I then glued the heads to the top of the button bodies, and added white tulle netting for wings.
I made these before I purchased the big bags of buttons... but now I have plenty of buttons for my next project!