Friday, July 27, 2012

the Summer Olympics Stitch-A-Long

In order to step up the pace of my stitching, I have decided to join in the "SOSAL" (Summer Olympics Stitch-A-Long).

<--Feel free to use this graphic if you want.



Here is a list of events: ( I grabbed this list from Measi & added the last two events)
  • Sprint : Push yourself to complete your nearly finished or small projects.
  • Rotation Relay : Work on your WIPs in a steady rotation.
  • Long Jump : Make progress on a giant project.
  • Finish Line : Frame or Finish your already stitched projects into ornaments, bookmarks, etc...
  • Rings United : Stitch only in colors of the Olympic Rings (blue, yellow, black, green and red).
  • Marathon :  Start a new project during the opening ceremonies and Finish it during the closing ceremonies.
  • Team Spirit : Work on a project related to your country.
I plan to enter the following events:
  • Sprint : Nighttime Moon (needs outlining only)
  • Rotation Relay : The Maritime, Hang in There, Carousel Zebra (will try to take these to the "finish line" and will add in other WIPs as I complete each one.)
  • Finish Line : Halloween Cat Ornament (needs whiskers, backing and hanger)
  • Team Spirit and Mini-Marathon : United We Stand - (pattern found at: http://www.123stitch.com/free-cross-stitch.html).  I plan to adapt this pattern into an ornament using just the center image.
I have tried to keep my goals realistic and hope to have the 6 listed projects finished at the close of the stitch-a-long.  I will post photos as I progress through the challenge.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails