Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer Olympics Stitch-A-Long Results

I made good progress during the Summer Olympics Stitch-A-Long!  I have 3 finishes to report.

For my Team Spirit and Mini-Marathon gold medals : I finished my Eagle Ornament - 3-1/4" x 3-1/4"on 28 ct linen (adapted from "United We Stand" pattern found at: http://www.123stitch.com/free-cross-stitch.html).  I removed the medallion and replaced it with USA, and I added glass beads to the olive branch and wheat stalks. 

I plan to finish this into an ornament, as I have so few Patriotic themed items to display during the Summer holidays.

For a gold medal crossing the Finish Line: I finished Mr. Whiskers into an ornament by adding a felt backing, a hanging ribbon and white wire whiskers.

Mr. Whiskers can be found in the Just CrossStitch 2012 Halloween Issue (page 14).

Rotation Relay:  While I did work on my 3 rotation projects, I did not finish any of them... so I will post those photos in a later update. 
 
For a gold medal in the Sprint:  I managed to finish Nighttime Moon.  This was a project I received as a gift.  I finished most of the needlepoint in 2006 - so it was just a matter of doing the outlining and adding all of the stars to the piece.

This brings my finishes for 2012 up to 13!  

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful finishes, Cheryl! Thanks for the link to the free Patriotic Eagle. Mr. Whiskers is adorable. I made a needlepoint pic just like yours for a friend years ago. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails