Friday, February 22, 2013

a little princess

If you've seen my sketchbook/journal blog, you may know that I have been participating in a "Paper Bag Book" round robin with one of my art groups. 

I finished my page spread in a "Girly-Girl" themed book last month, and since it features a cross-stitched piece - I thought I would post it in this blog for a change.  In addition to the cross stitched princess, I used printed papers, lace, ribbon, leaf rubbings, a printed poem, stamping, Indian ink pens, a paper flower, a butterfly button, and glitter glue on the pages.

I made a little fairy wand from a gold painted toothpick and a glitter covered purple star.  I also made a couple of mixed-media tags which I tucked into the paper bag pocket.  I had a lot of fun working on this!

The pattern for the Little Princess may be found here: http://crossmenot.blogspot.com/ - along with many other cute little patterns.


Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails