Saturday, December 28, 2013

a Finish and a Start

My final cross stitch finish for the year ... "Hope for the Holidays" from the JCS 2013 ornament issue.  I finished it just in time to have it grace the tree.

I also have 2 new starts. The first is "Nature's Alphabet" which was a gift to me for Christmas.
My first bit of stitching:
Funny thing ... I selected the kit because I really liked the design. I didn't see any info about the designer until I opened it Christmas morning. Wouldn't you know it, it is another design by Sandy Orton!

My other new start is a rug hooking kit that I picked up to make as a gift for someone special. 

It is called "Lighthouse" and the finished design measures 16" x 32".  I hope to finish it before the end of next Summer, so I do have plenty of time.

Things have slowed down a bit for me, so I hope to make more progress on my WIPs this coming month.

Happy Stitching!




4 comments:

  1. Super ornament, very bright and colourful.
    The new start is beautiful, going to enjoy watching that grow.
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your last finish of the year! That ornament is on my to do list. Those are great new starts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute ornament finish. I like your new start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:15 PM

    Lovely little finish! I like the cheerful colours. And your new alphabet start looks great, looking forward to seeing more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails