Friday, November 07, 2014

WIPocalypse Update for November

I made quite a bit of progress on my Autumn Sampler this month. I finally finished my apple girl's face and all of the crazy back stitching that went along with her. I stitched the red crayon, started work on the schoolhouse, and added a bit to the maple leaf. Still a long ways to go, but I enjoy working on this a lot more since I finished the apple girl.
Autumn Sampler - Sandy Orton
previous progress:
goal:
I had a small finish this month: "Majestic Cat" (Halloween ornament - shown in my last post).  I also finished 3 ornaments for my felt advent calender, which has been a WIP (or more correctly a UFO) for about 15 years.  They are all hand stitched with felt applique, a small amount of embroidery, and sequins.  The only problem with this project is that my stitching has improved so drastically in the last 15 years ... the first ornaments I finished look just terrible.   I'm not sure if I will restitch the old ones or not.
Last, but not least ... I added a few more rows to my latch hook rug project, "Monterey Sunset".  This project measures 50 inches wide by 30 inches tall.  
Here is what it will look like when completed:
Hooked rugs are always nice to work on after the weather has turned cold.  An extra layer on your lap to keep you warm as you work.

This month’s topic is:  What are your favorite and least favorite materials to use in your stitching?  That's a hard one for me ... I stitch from kits quite a bit, so I have done very little experimenting.  I've never used any type of floss other than regular DMC (or similar).  I don't think I've ever even been in a needlework shop, so I haven't seen any special fabrics or flosses in person.  I use both hoops and Q-snaps, depending on which works better for each project.   I love to stitch on everything: evenweave, or linen, and prefer aida with a count higher than 11.

That's all for this WIPocalypse update.  Click here to see what the other WIPocalypse stitchers have been up to.

Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

  1. The Autumn Sampler is beautiful! The latch hook rug is going to be stunning when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that Autumn sampler. The latch hook rug will be so pretty too. I haven't done one of those in quite awhile. I may have to pick one up for myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Autumn sampler (and every other season) in my stash. I think I should start stitching them - yours looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I am working on all 4 seasons - so it will likely be quite awhile before I've finished them.

      Delete
  4. Nice progress on everything. If it were mine, I would leave the first few bits of your advent calendar as they are and just put it down as part of your stitching/crafting journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful progress on all your projects Cheryl.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful progress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails