Sunday, November 06, 2016
Sugar Skulls and Uneven Evenweave
I stitched the skulls on 14 count white plastic canvas, backed the ornaments with black felt and added a black satin ribbon loop for hanging.
Last week I had a dental appointment that I was dreading, so I made myself a "goodie package" to look forward to when it was over. My goodie package included the pattern, fabric, threads and beads I needed to start Sandy Orton's "Spanish Sampler". (shown below)
After counting and recounting. Measuring and remeasuring. Stitching and frogging and stitching again ... I knew something was "off". I finally realized that my evenweave was in fact, uneven!
When I figured that out, I continued on with the border to get an idea of how the project would be affected.
This is what my border looks like currently:
I know this doesn't look like much progress, but I have 2 days and several hours into the project. My sweetie thinks that the stitching will draw the focus and no-one will even think about the project not being square.
Me: "Well, I'm a slightly irregular person, so the project suits me."
So, I will probably continue on with the project and see how it goes. lol.
PS. The uneven evenweave is MCG Textiles: