Sunday, January 06, 2019

WIPocalypse 2019 Intro Day

New Start: 2019 Linen & Threads Mystery Sampler
Hello!  My name is Cheryl. Welcome to my blog and my WIPocalypse 2019 Intro Day post.  

I live in Atlanta Georgia USA, where I enjoy all types of hobbies and needlework.  I have been stitching for several decades & still find joy in it.  I am self employed with Etsy (I stitch and sell finger puppets and other items).  I have participated in the WIPocalypse SAL since it began in 2012.

I currently have 43 WIPs (I am working on this.) 

I have already added a new project this year, as I jumped into the "2019 Linen & Threads Mystery Sampler" stitch along recently (progress shown above).  I tie-dyed a piece of 28 count Monaco fabric for the project.  This was my first time using tie dye. I used a Tulip One-Step Tie-Dye Kit with the colors called "Moody Blues" (turquoise, green, and blue).  I love the way the colors came out & it was super easy!

Anyhow...  I love stitching samplers.  I have several in progress, and even designed a simple "cat sampler" of my own, which I offer as a free chart on my hobby website here: http://hobbyloco.com/patterns/cat_sampler.html

I also recently got the bug for the "Bothy Threads Cut Thru'" designs.  I am a few years behind everyone else (they hit popularity around 2013-14), but they are fun to stitch.  I am currently stitching 2 of those.

I also love to stitch ornaments!  I don't have any ornaments on my WIPs list - because I usually stitch them quickly over a few days & finish them right away. 

My goals for the year are to finish as many of my WIPs as I am able, keep up with any SALs (stitch-alongs) I join, and try to finish more projects than I start!

One additional project I may start this year is the "Women of the Mayflower" Sampler by Sarah Ullman.  I really want to finish this project in 2020 - so that I can have the dates 1620 and 2020 on the sampler.   So that may be a start later in the year.
 
Women of the Mayflower by Sarah Ullman
I think that brings me to the end of my post.  I feel the need to go and stitch.
Happy Stitching!






4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your plans this year - love the fabric you dyed for the Linen & Threads sampler, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great colour fabric you chose for the L&T SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey "Neighbor"(I'm about an 1.5 hours north of you in SC) I love your fabric for the Linen & Threads SAL. I'm going to join in on that fun too, just have to get my supplies together. I look forward to seeing your start on Women of the Mayflower. Until next time, Stitch on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric you dyed for the Peacock SAL, I'm looking forward to following everyone's progress on that.
    I also like th Mayflower Sampler, neat idea to try finish it by next year for the dates!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails