Sunday, August 29, 2021

August 2021 WIPocalypse Update

 

Berry Patch Rooster
 

It has been a long time since I posted a WIPocalypse update.  I thought it would be a good time, since I actually have a finish.  

I finished stitching "Berry Patch Rooster".  I picked up this project as a kit while on vacation in 2012.  I didn't start stitching it until 2013, and then it was just a bit of stitching here and there, as I rotated between projects. 

I did select this project for a focus month and made some good progress.  I have kept it close by for the past couple of months ... so I could toss in a few stitches when I had time.  The back stitching took longer than expected, but I did manage to finish it this week.  Hooray!  I'm not sure if I will frame it, or make it into a pillow. 


Another project I worked on recently is Bothy Threads "Cut Thru' Haunted House". 
This is still one of my favorite projects to stitch.  I did all of the back stitching on the roof and bedroom.  I completed the bats, moon, and flag on the right side, and continued stitching downwards.  The image below shows where I left off during my last update:

 

I worked on a few other projects in the past few months, and will update them as I get them photographed. 

Question of the Month: Which of your project finishes made you the most proud? The most relieved?

Gosh,  I guess I have some WIPs that I will be most relieved to finish someday. (ha-ha)

One that I was proud to finish was this one: 


Back in the 90's, I found this kit and wanted to stitch it for my Dad.  A 1928 Ford Model A (he restored antique cars most of his life).  I can't remember how long it took to stitch, but I did finish and frame it for him for his birthday.  I wish I had a better picture of it. 

I guess that's all for my update.  I can't wait to see what everyone else has accomplished. Happy Stitching!

 

 

 



 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish!! I also love your Halloween design, that one would be neat as a pillow. I tend to leave up my Halloween stuff all year long as I love them :) Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cocorico ! Well done, don't forget if you make a pillow no polyester allowed only stuffed with real feathers. Glad to see your Halloween stitching, I love so much the fabric and of course the pattern (that mummy is so great). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish! Glad to see your update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the Happy Dance for an older project, it's nice to cross them off the list.
    I love the Cut Thru series, there's always so much details and little things to notice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails