Friday, August 25, 2006

400 finger puppets stitched

This week I stitched past my 400th finger puppet, which just happened to be an elephant. When I started making finger puppets last year, I certainly didn't expect to stitch that many of them!

Crazy, but I'm not tired of stitching yet ... Would anyone care to make a guess as to when I will hit number 500? Post your guess (one guess per person, please) in the comments below & whoever comes closest to the correct date and time (EST), I will send the 500th puppet to. If there are duplicate guesses, I will accept the one that is posted first. It may be awhile before I hit 500 (no hints), but I will post here when I have hit the mark.

Void where prohibited, no purchase neccesary, and so forth and so on.

PS. Can't wait that long for a finger puppet? Visit my Etsy shop & pick one up!

PPS. Spam comments will be deleted & no spammers are eligible to win!
=================================================
current guesses:
26 OCT 06 - sjmercure
31 OCT 06 - alexandria
04 NOV 06 - Violet
13 NOV 06 - jupitercrash (getcrafty)
23 NOV 06 - crispypigsaw (getcrafty)
27 NOV 06 - Heather
30 NOV 06 - jonas
01 DEC 06 - Funky Finds
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contest Now Closed!
I stitched my 500th puppet (a little bat) this morning, September 21.
Congratulations to sjmercure, whose guess of Oct 26th was the closest!
sjmercure, please contact me so I know where to send your puppet.

Thanks everyone for taking a guess. I had fun and maybe I will have another giveaway, soon!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm completely impressed. I teach puppets and their making to small children and I know how much time it takes to put into just one of these. I love the detail you've put into these. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to put in my guess. How about October 26th?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi - this is janaka from get crafty. i am in atlanta too. if you knit, you should try to make it to knit nite at the purly gates in marietta square. you can bring stuff besides knitting, too. it's eveyr thursday from 7-9.

    oh, and i think you will finish on halloween! take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm pretty sure you will make your 500 th puppet at the 30th of november.
    at... five o'clock ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are fantastic...love the octopus! such talent. i will guess that you'll finish your 500th puppet on december 1st at 8pm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll guess November 27th at 3:30 pm!

    yardenxanthe from getcrafty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Contest Now Closed!
    I stitched my 500th puppet (a little bat) this morning, September 21. Congratulations to sjmercure, whose guess of Oct 26th was the closest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails