Sunday, September 07, 2008

a crazy busy Halloween art weekend!

I have spent this entire weekend making art. (Which is just the way I like to spend my weekends.)

I just finished making a postcard for a Halloween Postcard swap at ATCsforAll.com. The swap is open until October 10th (postcards may be any media: digital, collage, drawn, fabric, etc..).

This postcard features a mechanical element. The door opens and a witch with candy pops out. This 4" x 6" postcard was drawn with Indian ink and colored with markers and colored pencils. I added a little bit of glitz with gel pens and glitter glue.

Hmmm... maybe I will make more mechanical postcards.

The other Halloween project I worked on this weekend was chunky pages for another swap at ATCsforALL.com.


The main characters have a mechanical element: move the lever and the message changes from "Trick or Treat" to "Smell My Feet", and a foot pops out from under the costume.

Other elements include printed and handpainted papers, ribbons, fibers and shrink plastic charms. Larger photos can be seen at my hobby site: hobbyloco.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails