Saturday, August 10, 2013

Halloween Stitching and a Free Pattern to share

You would think it would be easy to find the Special Halloween Issue of "Just Cross Stitch" in a major city ... but, not this year. I ended up having to buy it online & while I patiently waited for it to arrive, I stitched the "White Pumpkins" ornament from last years edition.

I used what I had on hand & it turned out pretty cute.  It was a nice change to stitch all of those French knots for the embossed effect on the pumpkins - but I wouldn't want to do that every day.  The text is easier to read in real life ... photography is sometimes NOT my friend.



I also was inspired to create a Halloween ornament pattern of my own ... so here we have "Witch Moon".  It is a quick stitch - I stitched and finished it into an ornament all in 1 day.

I have posted the free pattern and info about how I finished the ornament on my hobby site here: http://www.hobbyloco.com/patterns/witchmoon.html

My JCS magazine arrived yesterday, so I am off to stitch more Halloween ornaments!







3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the cute finishes Cheryl.

    Linda

    http://www.bengalcatlover10.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute finishes! I love the white pumpkins that have become popular the last few years and yes the French knots are a pain to do but they really add to the effect. Cute witch design -thanks for sharing with us. I haven't started any fall stitching yet but maybe this will get me in the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hallowe'en stitching so much. Your little witch is great, I really like the yellow hand-dyed thread, it's a nice effect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails