Sunday, October 15, 2017

my October Gifted Gorgeousness Update

Spring Sampler
It's time for another "Gifted Gorgeousness" update.  These are projects that were made to be given as a gift -or- in some way or part received as a gift.  

This month I stitched on a different project each week.  First up is the Spring Sampler designed by Sandy Orton.  I managed quite a bit of work on the gold frame beneath "Spring".  I am working on the samplers for all 4 seasons, which were a Christmas gift a few years ago.  I really enjoy them!


I also stitched on Maison De Famille (freebie by Gazette94 ).  I am stitching "experimentally" on this with random bits of floss that are leftover from other projects.  I made quite a bit of progress.

The image below shows where I am headed: 


Another project I stitched on is the Give Thanks Sampler (freebie by DMC):


Perhaps I will have this one finished by Thanksgiving this year.

Last but not least, I stitched on "Hummingbird and Fuchsias".  This is a printed piece with cross stitches, satin stitch, stem stitch and French knots.  It is really pretty - but it is so hard to keep the stitches looking even when stitching on a printed cotton fabric.



The finished project will look like this:


That's all of my "Gifted Gorgeousness" for this month.  

I am getting ready for Halloween & finally have put up decorations!  Get ready for a bit of Halloween fun in my next post.

Happy Stitching!


 

 

9 comments:

  1. Great stitching, I love the effect of all the odd threads on Maison de famille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maison De Famille is great, a great idea to use up leftover threads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful progress Cheryl. I have those 4 seasons kits but have never started them.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work on all your projects they are all so pretty =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching !! The Spring sampler looks so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent progress on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the variety of projects and the different blues in the Maison is a really pretty effect. I thought it was a variegated thread at first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching, and such interesting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous design, just love the spring sampler

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails