Wednesday, November 15, 2017

my November Gifted Gorgeousness Update

Thanksgiving Sampler
It's time for another "Gifted Gorgeousness" update.  These are projects that were made to be given as a gift -or- in some way or part received as a gift. 

I have a finish this month!  I am happy to have finished stitching my "Thanksgiving Sampler" prior to the holiday.   "Thanksgiving Sampler" was designed by Lois Winston for DMC.  This is a freebie chart, and can be found here: https://www.dmc.com/us/p-free-patternsfree-cross-stitch-chart-give-thanks.html

I also stitched on "A Chirpy Sort of Place", which was a kit given to me by a non-stitchy friend.  I finished stitching the grass and bushes and worked on the fence back stitching. 
Here is where I left off last time:
The final Gifted Gorgeousness project I worked on this month is "Tiger Lily and Roses Pillow".  This was given to me as a gift by my Mother many years ago.  This is a printed kit for embroidery using satin stitch, long & short stitch, outline stitch, straight stitch and French knots. 

I only managed to work on a few Violets and leaves.  The Violets will have more stitching in the centers and a few French knots.  I am only about 35% done stitching this pillow top, so I still have a ways to go.
Wishing all of you a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday!



 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month with all your lovely projects.
    The floral embroidery is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely stitching, Cheryl! I love violets, so I'll be back to see your progress on them! Pooh is absolutely adorable! Thanks for the thanksgiving freebie, I'll have to stitch that for next year! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely violets, Winnie looks great too. Nice finish with your sampler. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your finish. You have made great progress on your other projects,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful updates! Your embroidery piece is so pretty, and that Thanksgiving piece is just very striking and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The backstitch on the fence certainly enhances Winnie the Pooh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails