Monday, November 27, 2017

my November WIPocalypse Update

American Sampler - Sandy Orton
It's time for another WIPocalypse update.  WIPocalypse projects are all of the projects that I have in progress, that I would like to finish before the world ends.

I am attempting to stitch (at least a little bit) on ALL of my WIPs this year.  I began the year with 47 WIPs.  Out of those, I have managed to work on 35 of them - and actually finished 4!  So ... I still have 12 more that need attention.  With only December left to work on my WIPs this year - I don't know if I will be able to meet my goal.  We'll see...

This month I stitched on "American Sampler" by Sandy Orton.  I completed the Queen's stitch on the big pink flower, started work on the pillar and inner border, and filled in more background area with alternating half stitch.

Here is where I left off before:

I stitched a bit more on my "Tiger Lilies and Roses" pillow.  I added the big pink Tiger Lily start to finish:

And finally, I pulled out my felt Advent Calendar, and managed to make 2 more of the little "ornaments" to count down the days.  I wish I had more time - I would like to finish this and use it this year.  But ... I still have 12 ornaments to go - and I am short on free time.  Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.


Question of the Month – What finishing style have you never tried but would love to do?

I have seen some lovely finished boxes, unusual bicornu, and amazing pincushions that I would love to attempt.  The reason I haven't is mainly a time issue - but perhaps I will make a resolution next year to work in more time for hobbies and to try new things.

Until next time...
Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

  1. Nice work on the sampler.
    You could try a 3-4 day rotation and still work on every piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your stitching for November. I hope you manage to get the last few stitched on before the end of the year... as Jo mentioned above you could try a small rotation to make sure you get them all touched on :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice things you have shown this month

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your WIPs look great =) I am excited to see your remaining WIPs, if you can't touch them all by the end of the year, I am sure you will make up for it in 2018 =) And finishing 4 projects definitely makes up for it =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sampler is coming along beautifully and I love the Tiger Lily, such a beautiful colour.
    The ornaments look lovely, I hope you can finish them all in time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails