Thursday, January 18, 2018

my January Gifted Gorgeousness Update

Dutch Sampler by Sandy Orton
It's time for the first "Gifted Gorgeousness" update of the new year.  These are projects that were made to be given as a gift -or- in some way or part received as a gift. 

I worked on a few of my gifted projects.  I made quite a bit of progress on "Dutch Sampler" (fabric and thread gifted to me).  I finished the windmill and lower right corner, the cat, the crown and sections of border.  I also stitched the big "I" and "K" eyelet letters, the medium "E" filigree letter, and the small "I" "K" "L" and "M" letters, the "6" "7" "8" "9" and "0", as well as the date.

Here is where I left off last time:


I stitched on "To Everything a Season" (kit gifted to me), making some I progress on the leaf and berry border on the top left.


I also stitched on my "Winter Sampler" (kit gifted to me).  I had already finished the Valentine section, this time I worked on the area below that.  There will be a nifty snowman making an appearance.


Last, but not least ... I started a new little Xmas Sampler from Cross Stitcher Magazine (Nov 2017) that was gifted to me:


I was quite happy with the amount of stitching time I had this month & feel like I made good progress on my projects.  That's all I have for this update.  

Happy Stitching!



5 comments:

  1. I love all your progress. Your stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress - Dutch sampler is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter sampler is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Your Dutch Sampler is looking stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, you stitched on so many gorgeous projects this month - too hard to choose a favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails