Monday, April 16, 2018

my Gifted Gorgeousness Update for April

Maison De Famille (freebie by Gazette94 )
It's time for another "Gifted Gorgeousness" update.  This stitch-a-long is being hosted by Jo of Serendipitous StitchingGifted Gorgeousness projects are projects that were made to be given as a gift, or in some way or part received as a gift.  

I made some good progress on "Maison De Famille" (freebie by Gazette94 ).  I am stitching this "gifted" pattern with random bits of floss left over from other projects, all in shades of blues and greys.  Now it is about 70% complete and should be a finish soon.

I also stitched on "Dutch Sampler" by Sandy Orton (floss purchased with a gift card).  I completed the border and finished the top row of alphabet letters.


I put some time into my newest project "Mini Banner - Fall" by Debbie Mumm (purchased with a gift card).

I worked on the border of my "Christmas is Coming" Sampler by Faye Walsh, featured in Nov 2017 Cross Stitcher magazine (gifted magazine).  I have been stitching motifs on this as part of the "Christmas Ornie SAL".   


And finally ... I stitched this cute kitty from the 2013 Just Cross Stitch Halloween Issue (gifted magazine).  The design is "Stitch-an-Inch Halloween" by Donna Bayliss of "By the Bay Needleart".

I stitched the pattern on 14 ct clear plastic canvas.  I backed it with black felt, pinked the edge and added a black satin ribbon and purple buttons to finish.

Lots of projects, lots of progress, lots of fun!  I hope to continue the trend this month.
Happy stitching!



8 comments:

  1. These are all so fun! Great work on everything and love the finish on the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great variety of projects! I love the colours you're using for your Maison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, wow! Great stitching - my favourite is your Dutch Sampler (although everything is gorgeous).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the blue/grey house, what a great way to use up scraps of thread.
    The Dutch Sampler is looking lovely and I adore your spooky cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching. They are all gorgeous projects, but I have a particular fondness for the final one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stitching! I love the way you've finished the Hallowe'en cat ornament

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pieces!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maison is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails