Tuesday, May 15, 2018

my Gifted Gorgeousness Update for May

It's time for another "Gifted Gorgeousness" update.  This stitch-a-long is being hosted by Jo of Serendipitous StitchingGifted Gorgeousness projects are projects that were made to be given as a gift, or in some way or part received as a gift.

I stitched on one of my favorite projects this month, "Spanish Sampler" by Sandy Orton.  This project uses fabric and floss purchased with a gift card - gifted by my Mom.  I finished the top band which included cross stitch and four-sided stitch.  I also finished the top left corner (shown above) with satin stitch, cross stitch and back stitch. 


I stitched on my mini banner, making good progress. I completed the border and filled in a bit here and there.  This project was also purchased with a gift card - gifted by my Mom.

I also stitched a bit on my Summer Sampler, working on the "Camp" section.  This one moves along so slowly ... so many, many color changes!  This project was gifted to me one Xmas by my sweetie with the set of 4 seasons sampler kits.


Last, but not least, I put in some time on my embroidered lap quilt.  This was a gift from a non-stitchy friend.  It is a printed quilt top pieced together in four sections.  I used lazy daisy, split stitch and stem stitch.


That is my progress for the month on my "Gifted Projects".  I can't wait to see what everyone else has been stitching!




6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous WIPs... love the Sandy Orton sampler :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitching - I love the Spanish Sampler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching, Cheryl! Especially like the Spanish Sampler!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love that Spanish Sampler, especially the close-up of the corner. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the summer sampler it will finish beautifully!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spanish Sampler is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails