Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Stitch Maynia and Gifted Gorgeousness Update

This is a pretty big update for me (16 projects).  I am participating in "Stitch Maynia" by stitching on a different one of my WIPs each day.  I am also including my "Gifted Gorgeousness" stitch along update as well - since most of these projects were gifted to me..

"Gifted Gorgeousness" is hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching, and features projects that in some way have been gifted -or- are being stitched to be given as gifts.

I have stitched on 14 of my WIPs so far.  Shown above is "Afternoon Nap", on which I managed a bit of progress on the paw on May 1st.

On May 2nd, I stitched on "Berry Patch Rooster".  I worked on the greenery in the top left corner.
On May 3rd, I brought out my "BeeHive Sampler" and worked on the flowers and beehive at the top of the sampler.
May 4th was "Summer Sampler" day.  I finished the stitching and back stitch on the word "Camp", as well as most of the off-white stitching in that area. "Summer Sampler" was received as a gifted kit along with the other 3 seasons one year at Christmas.

May 5th was the day to stitch on my "Winter Sampler".  I only managed to stitch a bit of the shading on the snowman.  "Winter Sampler" was received as a gifted kit along with the other 3 seasons one year at Christmas.

I stitched on my "Castle Sampler" on May 6th - however I do not have a photo as it is too big to fit on my scanner & my camera batteries are kaput.  I managed to work a bit on the border.
On May 7th,  I brought out my "To Everything a Season" sampler.  I finished stitching the alphabet and worked on a bit more of the floral area.

May 8th was the day I worked on my "Butterfly Forest".  I only managed to stitch a few colors on the wings of one butterfly.  "Butterfly Forest" was received as a gifted kit on my birthday several tears ago.
"Napping Kitten" was my project for May 9th.  I finished his ear and added some stitches to the branch.
I finished another row of the alphabet on my "Linen Sampler" on May 10th.  
On May 11th, I did some back stitching on my "Spring Sampler".  "Spring Sampler" was received as a gifted kit along with the other 3 seasons one year at Christmas.

On May 12th, I finished all of the gold stitching on my "Carousel Tiger".  I will add a photo when I have this project completed (hopefully soon).  "Carousel Tiger" was received as a gifted kit back in the 90's from my sister.
May 13th was the day I stitched on my "Autumn Sampler" - I only managed a bit of stitching on what will become a yellow ruler, next to the lovely schoolhouse motif.  "Autumn Sampler" was received as a gifted kit along with the other 3 seasons one year at Christmas.
Last night (May 14th), I stitched a bit on the border, cat ears and moon on my "Halloween Pumpkin" project.  I received the chart for this project in a Just Cross Stitch magazine gifetd by my sweetie.
During this month, I also managed to finish the tower on my "Bothy Threads Cut Thru' Haunted House".  This kit was another gift from my sweetie this year on Valentine's Day.
And finally ... I worked on my "Linen & Threads 2019 Mystery Sampler" (gifted as a free stitch-along).  I had a visit from a big 'ol frog, but I managed to get this month's update about 1/2 way finished.  So I am right on schedule.

Whew!  That was a crazy update for me.  I still have to get through the last half of the month!

Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been busy! Everything is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely projects. Every one appeals to me. I love the gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly know how to Maynia! So many lovely pieces coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome progress on all of your lovely projects Cheryl. I love seeing your samplers. I've watched your progress on them for quite a while.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely pieces you are working on!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the way you are working on so many WIPs for Maynia, great way for each project to see some progress. I'm doing 31 Small WIPs which were all started last May!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy!
    The cut thru is amazing, the fabric colour is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are working on so many projects and with great progress!
    They are all so cute. I especially like the cats!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals for Maynia. Well done. Amitiés. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails