Monday, May 27, 2019

WIPocalypse and Stitch Maynia Update

Whale Watching
It's time again for another WIPocalypse update.  This has been the busiest stitching month I've had all year!  The first 2 weeks of May, I worked on 16 projects (shown in my last update), and the past 11 days, I have worked on 9 projects - including a small original design.

"Whale Watching" (shown above) is one of my designs - which I have posted as a freebie on my website, here:  http://hobbyloco.com/patterns/whale_watching.html 

Here are the other projects I stitched on this month:

Rose Lap Quilt
I stitched a few more flowers on my "Rose Lap Quilt", a printed embroidery project that was gifted to me by a non-stitchy friend.

Ride to Dreamland
I stitched a bit on "Ride to Dreamland" - working on part of the stitching that uses the sparkly blending filament. 
Summer Carousel Horse
I stitched on the flowers and greenery at the top of Teresa Wentzler's "Summer Carousel Horse".
Hummingbird and Fuchsias
I stitched more on "Hummingbird and Fuchsias", a printed cross stitch kit gifted by my Mom.

Gathering Honey
I kept "Gathering Honey" from gathering dust and stitched a row in the garden.


Cut Thru' Pirate Ship
I finished another pirate on my ship!  This one has a hook for a hand and a peg leg.

American Sampler
I also stitched a bit on Sandy Orton's "American Sampler".  Mainly filling in the left pillar and working on the framing for the center section.  Slow progress ... but progress nonetheless.

I had a visit form the frogs when I stitched on my "Linen & Threads 2019 Mystery Sampler".  I had to remove a bunch of stitches and am just about finished restitching and completing the May section.  I will include a photo with my next update.

Question of the Month: Where do you love to shop for stash?  

I love a bargain - so I tend follow a sale or coupon to locate my stash.  My relatives often send me "gift cards", and I tend to combine gift cards with coupons and sales to stretch them as far as I can.   

That's all I have for this update.  It sure has been a crazy month!
See you next time.
Happy Stitching!


5 comments:

  1. I love your little whale freebie, thanks for that one.
    Nice work on your Maynia projects, the pirates are particularly fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pirates. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the rose lap quilt, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pirates are so cute and detailed! The summer carousel horse is lovely. Beautiful stitching all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet whale stitch, thanks for sharing.
    Such lovely stitching, the Hummingbird & Fuchsias is going to be beautiful.
    No way, you're stitching Gathering Honey too! I've put it aside for now, but hope to pick it up again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails