Tuesday, August 20, 2019

my Gifted Gorgeousness Update for August

Women of the Mayflower (new start)
It's time for the August Gifted Gorgeousness update.  This stitch-along, hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching, features projects that in some way have been gifted -or- are being stitched to be given as gifts. 

I finally got around to starting "Women of the Mayflower" by Sarah Ullman.  I want to be sure to finish this one in 2020 (as it features the date 1620).  I just think it would be cool to have a finish date of 2020 on it.  Here is what the completed sampler looks like:

Women of the Mayflower

I'm just using leftover floss and stitching on a piece of linen that I purchased with a gift certificate.  The portion I stitched has cross stitched lettering and a couple rows of eyelet stitches.(done in variegated red).

Link to ebay auction:  Fine Lines Magazine with Sampler 

I also made great progress on "A Chirpy Sort of Place" (kit gifted to me by a friend).

A Chirpy Sort of Place
This will be a finish before too long.  I just need to finish the left border and add the text.

I am keeping up with the "2019 Linen and Threads Mystery Sampler", and am about 1/2 way complete with this month's section.


I also stitched a bit on Bothy Thread's "Cut Thru' Gypsy Wagon" (gifted chart) - adding some light purple to a window, and a snail on top of the wagon.
Cut Thru' Gypsy Wagon
That's all the stitching I managed this month.  I have been busy & lacking time to stitch the past couple of weeks ... but I hope to continue with my progress when I am able.

Happy Stitching!

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Great progress on your projects, and the new start is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching. Your projects are all very interesting ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl,
    You are doing really well with all your stitching!
    It would be rather fun if you could finish “The Mayflower” in 2020, but it looks very time consuming. Look forward to seeing more of it!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great starts, almost finishes, and continued stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love that new sampler and think you can get it done by the end of 2020. Words stitch up quite quickly!
    Great work on keeping up with the Linen & Threads SAL too. I love your colourway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ran across the Women of the Mayflower pattern in my old Fine Lines magazines earlier this week. I'm thinking of starting it. I think it's much prettier than the one released this year by another designer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but can't find it. Any leads?

      Delete
  7. There is a copy available on ebay right now. Auction is for the set of 4 issues from 2004 (including the one with the sampler) - $20 starting bid and FREE shipping. Auction ends Saturday night: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FFineLines-Magazine-Set-of-4-Strawberry-Hill-Sampler-Issues-4-1-4-1-4-3-4-4%2F264871221718%3Fhash%3Ditem3dab8e19d6%3Ag%3A7gYAAOxyXWdQ8SuT&campid=5336181943&toolid=10001&customid=Mayflower

    I will post the link above in the post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails