Saturday, February 29, 2020

WIPocalypse Update for February

Bothy Threads Cut Thru' Haunted House
Hello!  This is my February WIPocalypse post.  Things have been pretty brutal here the past few months, but I still managed a bit of progress since my last update.

I stitched on (my favorite) "Bothy Threads Cut Thru' Haunted House". I am adding the back stitching to the roof and bedroom, on which I completed the cross stitching.  So I am moving right along.

I also stitched a bit on "Berry Patch Rooster".  I have made a lot of progress with this one and plan to keep on going.
 This month I had a request for a pattern featuring a camel ... so I whipped up this chart: "Scenic Camel", which I am sharing on my hobby site as a free chart.
  http://hobbyloco.com/patterns/camel.html

I did finish my "Linen & Threads 2020 Mystery Sampler" the first week of January - I just hadn't posted since December.  So here it is:
 And I stitched a little Halloween ornament in January:
I do think I will try the "March one stitch per day challenge".  Most likely I will keep working on my "Berry Patch Rooster".  I would love to have a finish soon!

Question of the Month: In honor of “Leap Year,” tell the story of a time you had to make some sort of a “leap” in stitching – taking the chance on a new style of stitching, attending a meetup or class, etc.  

My latest leap would be the leap into fabric dyeing that I made last year.  I hadn't ever dyed fabric using actual dye. Just a few coffee and tea experiments.  However, I has terrific results using a small tie-dye kit when I dyed the fabric for my "Linen & Threads Sampler" (shown above).  I loved it so much that I took a chance on the fabric from my Bothy Threads kit (it was originally a pale blue), and couldn't be happier with how it turned out!

That's about all for this update.  
Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

  1. Your dyed fabric is beautiful, what a great leap to have made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dyeing jobs and your rooster is very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work on your stitching, I especially love the haunted house and the fabric on your mystery sampler =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching, lovely haunted bedroom, the dyed fabric is awesome very nice blue and your rooster looks so real! Good luck with March challenge, maybe a "cocorico" next month! Amitiés. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great peacock finish.
    The Cut Thru is so lovely, I do like the fabric colour, its so vibrant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Linen & Thread project is stunning! I love the colour of the fabric and the one you dyed for the Bothy Threads too. Definitely a Leap in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a brave and successful leap into dyeing. I was admiring the fabrics as I scrolled and was delighted to learn that you had dyed them yourself!

    Congratulations on you Linens and Threads SAL finish. It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your Haunted House is coming along, such fun! Your rooster looks good, he's very colourful.
    Cute camel and the Mystery Sampler looks fantastic on the fabric! Even better that you dyed it yourself, well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails