Saturday, January 15, 2022

a Woodland Christmas Ornament

 

I have an ornament finish for January.  My ornament is adapted from the "Woodland Christmas" chart by Fern Ridge Collections.  The chart was featured in the 2014 Just Cross Stitch ornament issue.

I stitched with one strand of variegated floss on 28 ct fabric.  The pattern features diamond eyelet stitch, diagonal satin stitch, French knots, cross stitch and back stitch.

I stitched the tree and deer part of the chart, and added the "NOEL" to the bottom center.  I completed the ornament as a padded flat finish with dark green felt backing, a satin ribbon and some gold and brown beads.

Happy Stitching!

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see a blog post, I missed you! Lovely ornament too. Those eyelets make a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely stitching and a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails