Sunday, May 26, 2013

May WIPocalypse update

For this month's WIPocalypse the colors were Purple and Brown ... well, I did find a bit of purple and brown to stitch.  I worked on grapes in my To Everything A Season" Sampler, and stitched the golden-brown honeycomb and started the purple flowers in my BeeHive Sampler.  A bit of a stretch, but .... next month the designer to work on is Teresa Wentzler, so I will be hopefully making progress on my "Castle Sampler" and my "Summer Carousel Horse".
previously:

current progress:
I also worked on "Afternoon Nap" (5" x 7" on 18ct Aida).
previously:

current progress:

and on my "Quaker Sampler" (8" x 7" on 18 ct. oatmeal aida).
previously: 



current progress:

I started 2 new projects (with very good reasons)  First, I rewarded myself for going through a dreaded dental visit with this beautiful hooked rug kit called "Monterey Sunset".  It is a big one 30" x 50"Purchased on sale at Michael's for $14.99! (normally about $50.00) and I used a gift card.

Secondly, I received this kit for my birthday:  "Butterfly Forest" (10" x 16" on 14 ct. aida
project:

progress:
I think that covers my month of stitching!  I hope to actually have a finish next time around.

Happy stitching!


5 comments:

  1. Very good progress. Love your quaker sampler. Wanted to get a hooked rug kit for a while. Last time I have done one of theses was over 10 years ago. Still have the two finishes. The prices are the ones that put me off. Here a beautiful kit on sale was £50 (I guess over 60 in dollars), so I have decided cross is enough for me for now. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Good luck for the next month, and achieving a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything your working on Cheryl. You made some nice progress.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on everything! I love your new butterfly project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress! Love those butterflies, can't wait to see more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brown and purple stitching was just right for this month's WIPocalypse theme! Congrats on finding a latch hook kit on sale and using a gift card, too! Butterfly Forest is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails