Thursday, May 15, 2014

WIPocalypse Update for May

Time sure does fly!  It's hard to believe another month has passed and it's time for May's WIPocalypse update.

I made progress on several of my projects.  I finished stitching the phrase on my BeeHive Sampler.  This section was stitched over 1 thread on 28 ct. evenweave.
 
BeeHive Sampler by Sandy Orton - current progress
 
BeeHive Sampler by Sandy Orton - previous progress 

I also made progress on "Napping Kitten":
previously:

current progress:
And I made a little progress stitching the border on my "Linen Sampler":

previously:
current progress:
Last, but not least ... I made some good progress on the Lighthouse Rug.
previously:
current progress:
This months discussion topis is: What designs or themes do you really wish you could find?  What do you think is missing among stitching designs?

Hmmm ... I have been happy to find so many designs that I would love to stitch.  I love complex samplers with lots "going on", especially if they feature specialty stitches.  I would like to see some of the old masters paintings converted into cross stitch - with thought.  Not just converted through a computer program.  I hate confetti stitching!

I have a birthday coming up soon & a little bird told me that I will be receiving a couple of cross stitch books that I've had my eye on.  So, I guess I will have some new projects to feature in my next update.

Happy Stitching!

Click here to see everyone else's WIPocalypse updates!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful progress Cheryl.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress! I own that Linen Sampler (mine is a kit, I think) but I've never started it. It looks so great "in person"! Also love the Beehive Sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching on all your projects! And happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects look super! I love them all

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your beautiful stitching. Great progress. I really like your hooked rug also. I have to do another one of those. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails