Sunday, June 25, 2017

my June WIPocalypse Update

Multi-Coloured Alphabet by Gail Lawther
It's time for another WIPocalypse update (and past due for a Gifted Gorgeousness update)!  These are projects I hope to finish before the end of the world, as well as projects gifted to me & that I am stitching as gifts for others.

I have had a bit more stitching time the past couple of weeks, so I pulled out some of my neglected projects to stitch on.  Shown above is "Multi-Coloured Alphabet" by Gail Lawther, on which I made some pretty good progress.  I am following the shape of the pattern, but I am just using floss in variegated colors - placing them where they seem to fit.

Here is where I left off last time:
   
I also stitched on "Carousel Tiger" designed by Angela Pullen.  The hind legs and tail are taking shape.  This was a kit gifted to me by my sister (along with the matching "Carousel Zebra" and "Carousel Lion", both of which I have finished).  This kit had issues with floss and blending filament shortages - so it sat neglected for quite awhile.


Here is how the project looked when I last posted:

I did continue on a bit with my Dutch Sampler as well.  I stitched more on the windmill and finished the medallion next to it (lower right area).


I also stitched a bit more on my "Cow Sampler" ... but I will save that one for next time when I have more progress completed.

The topic of the month:  Show us your stitching space!  Where do you sit, and what is going on around you while you stitch (TV, audiobooks, etc)?

Honestly, I don't have a special stitching space.  I am often sitting at the computer in the kitchen stitching while I earn swagbucks (to use to buy more stitching supplies, lol), or I stitch in the front room while watching tv, or in the back room before I go to bed.  Wherever I can find some good light and a little bit of time.

That's all for this update.  I can't wait to see what everyone has been working on!  I don't comment very often, but I do make the rounds to get inspiration from all of you fellow stitchers.

Happy stitching!
 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful progress on all of your projects Cheryl.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great updates on everything! I really like that alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely progress you've made this month. Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see that gorgeous alphabet come out again.
    Nice work on the Tiger and the Sampler too. Are you going to link the Tiger up for GG?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails