Saturday, September 16, 2017

Sept Gifted Gorgeousness Update

Cow Sampler
It's time for another "Gifted Gorgeousness" update.  These are projects that were made to be given as a gift -or- in some way or part received as a gift. 

Hooray, I have a finish!  I finished stitching my Cow Sampler soon after my last post. I added some red glass beads to the centers of the red flowers after I completed the stitching.

I also finished "one" of the pair of butterfly pillowcases.  These were gifted to me by a non-stitching friend.  They are printed pillowcases for embroidery.  No instructions ... I used cross stitch, stem stitch, chain stitch, and French knots.  The pink and green flosses are variegated.  After I finish the second pillowcase, I will wash them and most likely add a crocheted edging of some type.


I stitched on my tiny "Rambling Rose Sampler", gifted to me in a prize drawing by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching.  The entire sampler measures just 1-1/2" wide X 2" tall.  I still have rows of flowers at the top and at the bottom, along with the ecru background stitching over the entire piece left to stitch.  

This one does progress slowly - as I use magnifying glasses, as well as a hand held magnifier.  I don't want to make any errors, as frogging would be a nightmare on such tiny, delicate gauze.
Rambling Rose Miniature Sampler
I was so excited to pull out my "Spanish Sampler" and add some stitches.  I finished the top right corner, which features Algerian eyelet stitches, satin stitches, and a bit of back stitching.

I worked on the top border as well using cross stitch and four-sided back stitch.  This project is fun to work on - lots of different stitches to come!
 
This is what it will become:
I think I have covered all of my gifted projects for the month.   I can't wait to see what everyone else has been stitching!

 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching! The Spanish sampler is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month, you get double points for stitching a gift from me LOL. And triple for the tininess of it, so delicate.
    Love the Spanish Sampler too, I really like that the corners are all different but go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that miniature sampler looks tiny. You've done such a lovely job of completing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on both your finishes! They both look amazing =) I absolutely love the Spanish Sampler and I am looking forward to see a lot more of it in the future =) The miniature sampler sounds like a challenge, but the result is so worth it =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the Cow Sampler finish.
    Loving the Spanish Sampler. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails