Monday, July 15, 2019

my Gifted Gorgeousness Update for July

Carousel Tiger by Angela Pullen
It's time for the July Gifted Gorgeousness update.  This stitch-along, hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching, features projects that in some way have been gifted -or- are being stitched to be given as gifts. 

I have a finish this month!  Finally!  I have completed stitching my Carousel Tiger.  This is the third in a set that my sister gifted to me in the late 90's.  It is a bit hard to tell, but all of the gold areas (corners, pole and trim on the saddle) are stitched with sparkly gold metallic blending filament (which is a pain to work with, but looks lovely).  I finished stitching the Carousel Lion in 1998, and the Carousel Zebra in 2014.  The Tiger was by far the most difficult of the three. 

Carousel Lion by Angela Pullen
Carousel Zebra by Angela Pullen
I stitched on several other gifted projects this month including:
"A Chirpy Sort of Place" (I worked on the borders and lower right corner.)

 
"Bothy Threads Cut Thru' Gypsy Wagon" (I fixed a miscount in the roof area and stitched to the left of the dresser.)


"Bothy Threads Cut Thru' Haunted House" (Stitched in the upstairs bedroom area.  Completed the sickle.)

 I finished the flowers in the first section of my "Rose Lap Quilt".  

And I completed about 1/2 of the stitching for this month's section of "Linen & Threads 2019 Mystery Sampler".
Whew!  A busy month.  I am happy with my progress and hope to have a few more finishes before the end of the year!

Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. The lion is very regal. But of course, the Cut Thru gets my vote, its so colourful and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the Carousel pieces. They look amazing!And I am sure they will look great framed. AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
    Congratulations on the Happy Dance for the third Carousel Animal, they make a lovely set.
    The Linen & Thread Mystery is gorgeous too, especially on that fabric. I am also very keen on the Haunted Cut Thru'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been a busy stitcher! The Tiger looks wonderful, I know the metallic is a pain but so worth it! How many more are there to stitch in the set? They all look fantastic.
    Great progress on your other stitching, I really like the Haunted House.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails